Monday, January 21, 2008

Pope Questions Packers Loss To Giants


(above: Pope Benedict XVI upset Packers aren't in Super Bowl XLII...or is it the other way around???)

Pope Benedict XVI has reason to be down in the dumps today. His beloved Packers blew a sure win against the New York Giants, and a trip to Super Bowl XLII.

Pope Benedict XVI: "I thought even giving up the 7 points on the spread, it was a safe bet. The temperature was -20 chill factor, perfect Packer weather. I don't understand how the Giants won. I think the game was fixed. I think the media wanted to see Peyton Manning's little brother in the Super Bowl. The Giants kept missing field goals at the end of the game to win it, having touchdowns called back by the referees, etc...yet they somehow won. That was suspicious, wasn't it? The way the Packers somehow lost with all that help from the refs? And that last interception by Favre? Tell me that didn't look like he was throwing the game! That was ridiculous! And that Giants field goal kicker misses 2 chip-shot field goals to win the game, then in overtime he hits almost a 50-yarder! That's impossible! I think there was trick-photography or trick-cameras there, or something.

And is it just me? Or does Eli Manning look drunk or retarded all the time? What is the deal with that?

I got my money back on the 40 1/2 over/under, though. I bet the over, and I think it was 43 total points, right? No one expected over 40 1/2 points in minus 20 chill factor at Lambeau...NO ONE EXCEPT THE GODDAMN' POPE! THAT IS!!! I always fare better with the over/under, than the actual win/lose point spread.

What really upsets me, is that from a personal standpoint, I've been a huge Packer fan since the Bart Starr/frozen tundra days. I wore my oversized Pope cheesehead hat and everything! I guess I'll be throwing that down the crapper, thanks, Bret! Thanks a lot! Who wants to watch the Giants in the Super Bowl? And the Patriots? Not me! That's for sure!"

((below: New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning (10) celebrates with teammate Amani Toomer (81) after their team's 23-20 overtime win over the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship football game Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008, in Green Bay, Wis.))




blog comments powered by Disqus