Monday, February 18, 2008

Help Wanted: WILK News Radio Screener Who Isn't Rude!


2/18/07 11:30, get in my car to go to lunch. Turn on the radio to WILK. Rob Niehard is substituting for Sue Henry. I love Rob Niehard! Once, I called Rob, and asked if they could dump Limbaugh & replace him with Rob! I think I'll call in!

BD: (bd calls) Hi, can I talk to Rob Niehard about the bill in the Pa. congress about contraceptives?

Screener: NO! click

BD: (did I just imagine that? i'll call again)

BD: (bd calls again) Hi. I must've gotten disconnected or something, but I just called you about talking to Rob Niehard about the contraception bill in the Pa. Senate.

Screener: He's not talking about that.

BD: OK. What is he talking about? (thinking I'd just talk about whatever Rob's subject is)

Screener: If you were listening to the show, you'd know what the subject is!

BD: I AM listening to the show! click

BD: (call again) Excuse me, you keep hanging up on me! And you accused me of not listening to the show! click

BD: (call again) CAN I SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER? click

BD: (call again) CAN I SPEAK TO YOUR FUCKING MANAGER? click (OK, I admit I cursed THAT time, but I think he hung up immediately anyway)

BD: (call again) click

BD: (call again) click

BD: (call again) Directly to "on hold" MUZAK!

Couple of points here:

- If I wasn't listening to the show, how did I know Rob Niehard was guest-hosting?

- At 11:35, Rob said, "The lines are open, 2 callers on hold just hung up!" Maybe the screener hung up on them! And how would I know Rob said that, if I wasn't listening to the show, btw???

- If you jump in your car, and they didn't announce that the host is talking about a certain subject, how is the listener supposed to know this? How about POLITELY saying, "Rob isn't talking about that. But he IS talking about (whatever), would you like to talk about THAT?"

- I just got XM radio last week, AND I DON'T NEED THIS HORSESHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

WILK: You're welcome! For the FREE "customer satisfaction survey"!
blog comments powered by Disqus